Lahore has become the second most affected COVID-19 city of the country, leading the Punjab government to impose a complete lockdown in some areas of the provincial capital.
A lockdown was imposed in certain areas of major cities across the country on Tuesday, as Pakistan started to undergo a ‘smart lockdown’, a day after the National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC) issued a list of 20 cities identified as COVID-19 hotspots across the country
Areas under lockdown
As per the order, the following is being observed:
These are the new rules as per the lockdown restrictions:
- Complete ban on entry and exit of people on public transport except for the limited movement of one person per vehicle
- The government has also enforced a complete ban on gatherings of all kinds, be it social or religious
- Grocery stores, karyana stores, atta chakkis, tandoors and petrol pumps will be allowed to operate from 9:00am to 7:00pm in sealed areas
- Medical services and pharmacies will be allowed to remain open seven days a week
- Milk shops, bakeries and meat shops will be allowed to operate from 7am to 7pm
- Government department officials, lawyers, judges and court staff have been exempted from the restrictions. Healthcare workers have also been exempted from the lockdown.
- The government has also allowed only two attendants to accompany the patients in case of an emergency